ClearBlue is hiring a Market Analyst Intern
ClearBlue Markets is a leading carbon specialist company and its team has pioneered the carbon markets since 2000. The ClearBlue team has unmatched practical experience in all aspects of Cap & Trade markets, ranging from policy through to compliance management, trading and offset development. https://www.clearbluemarkets.com
ClearBlue is growing rapidly and is looking for a Market Analyst intern, with prospect of a permanent position. This position is available immediately in our Toronto office. This position is a critical business aligned role within ClearBlue. The Market Analyst will support the Trading and Research Manager.
• Updating and improving ClearBlue’s Econometric U.S./Canada Emission Schemes Supply & Demand model;
• Assist with the preparation of a Quarterly Supply and Demand report, a Weekly market newsletter and other presentation materials to support the Sales team;
• Analyzing historical data, building various models, and running back-tests and simulations using available fundamental and market data sets;
• Preparing Monthly and Quarterly Emissions Market Risk reports for clients, including analyzing metrics such as VaR and liquidity risk;
• Assisting ClearBlue and its clients in preparing trading strategy and help them with market execution
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A Master's degree in math, economics, finance, or related work experience;
• Excellent quantitative and financial modeling skills;
• The ability to interpret data;
• An affinity for financial/commodities markets;
• Ability to work independently and proactively;
• Strong interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to code independently in languages such as R, Python, VBA, C#/.NET or SQL is an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.